Duncan Grant - Assistant Coach
Qualification: UKCC Level 2
· Started playing at 6 years old in Inverness.
· Played for Highland squad u12 to u19 and was ranked 3rd in Scotland for Mixed doubles u17
· Trained with the Junior National Squad from u14 to u19 and then the development squad
· Represented Scotland at the UK School Games, winning a silver medal in the team event.
· University Division runner-up in Men’s double’s for the University of the West of Scotland.
· Started Coaching in Inverness.
· Developed through the coaching pathway and was the Highland Advanced Badminton Coach.
· Moved down to Hamilton to study Sport Coaching achieving First Class BSc
· Coached in Glasgow with the Junior National Squad for 4 years
· Moved to Edinburgh to study PDGE in Secondary Education (PE)
· Recently Moved to Aberdeen for work and continue to coach with the Junior National Squad.